Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's Cooking: Tomato Gravy

As I mentioned before, I made Tomato Gravy on Saturday morning. This is one of Matt's favorite Breakfasts. His mom taught me how to make it and I want to pass it on to you.

Coco's Tomato Gravy
6 slices Bacon
1 large onion chopped
1 can crushed tomato
1 can Rotel
flour to thicken
12 biscuits (I use ones found in the frozen section)

Preheat oven for biscuits

In a pan cook up the bacon. cool and chop it up.
Using the bacon grease saute the onion. Add a little Salt and Pepper
Once onions are soft, add tomato, rotel and simmer for 15 minutes. (biscuits should be baking now)
Check out the $1.50 Splatter guard I got at Ikea.

Add a Tablespoon of flour to thicken up the Gravy. Let cook for another 5 minutes.

Get those biscuits

Of course I was so anxious to eat I forgot to take a pic of the final product. Here is a pic of the tomato gravy that Matt made me for my bday this year.


It may not look appetizing, but seriously people the flavor is Slap Yo Mama Good!

3 comments:

  1. I think I just drooled!!! Over biscuits? Be still my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good..I have to try this..Btw:love your cup:)

    Kisses,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails