Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Irish King's Caramel Corn

I believe Sundays should hold Special Treats.
So today I made my Dad's famous Caramel Corn.

This week in my vegetable bag was an ear of popping corn
which I was so very excited to use.

Here is the recipe:
15 Cups Popped corn
1Cup Brown sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Light Karo Syrup
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda

1) Dump the popped corn into a brown paper bag
2) Heat sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; stirring occasionally until bubbly around edges.
Continue cooking over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) Remove from heat; stir in baking soda until foamy.
4) Dump over popped corn. Fold up bag tightly.
5) Place bag in microwave for 1 minute
6) Shake it like you mean it.
7) Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. OK lets face it....the only thing missing was the Whirly-Pop.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails