Tuesday, August 2, 2011

DIY: Sunburst Mirror

I know you all have seen the Sunburst Mirrors all over the internet. I just can't or won't pay $400 for one. So today I decided to make one.

I went to Lowes to buy some wood shims and Michael's to get some wreath rings. I couldn't find the right kind, so I bought embroidery hoops.

Then I hot glued on the shims

All while watching Sex and the City

I went through probably 25 glue sticks and burnt my fingers about 13 times.

I primed it first

Then sprayed it gold

It's not done yet, but i wanted to show you what it will look like with the mirror. I'm still going to give it one more spray and then glue on the mirror.

Total Cost $16


I will show it off once it's hung on the wall.

5 comments:

  1. I like! Definitely a much better way to go than shelling out hundreds of dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! great job girl! it looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I have been putting a oyster shell mirror together for a month now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks great! I've seen how expensive those things can be, and making your own is definitely worth it! Plus, you get the satisfaction of telling your houseguests that you made it yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails