Saturday, March 20, 2010

Getting to know Kristen

Ever since I first learned about the sinking of the Titanic in first grade, I've been intrigued by History. My mom and dad supported my interest by buying me books. Of course it started with Laura Ingalls Wilder and American Girl books. I read everything I could get my hands on in the house. Encyclopedias and random World War II books. I even read some of my dads Kennedy Assassination books which were always disturbing when it got to the autopsy.
In high school and college I loved learning about Greece and Rome and then on to the Feudal systems and Europes always changing borders. I was lucky enough to travel throughout Europe in college. Seeing the exact places I read about in my studies.
Not to make this into a policital blog, I just hope everyone realized that our Country has been forever changed as of yesterday. Because I was such a student of History and loved Government class, I find it hard to believe that we are heading into the right direction. With a split government, loss of the American Citizens voice and not protecting our borders it is comparable to the fall of Rome.
"These are the times that try men's souls." Thomas Paine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails